What we are Learning
- Take on roles
- Be flexible in their thinking
- Express themselves in sentences
- To sort and organize things
- Decision making
- To improvise and use things in a symbolic way
- To carry out ideas with the cooperation of others.
- Hand eye coordination as they pour
- That some things sink and some things float
- That water can change when you add things such as soap or colours
- About wet, dry and evaporation
- Capacity of different sized containers.
- That sand texture changes from dry to wet.
- Planning, implementing and building.
Art and Craft
- To express imagination and creativity
- Concepts of shape, size and location
- That their ideas have value
- To distinguish shapes and to purposefully create shapes
- Colour recognition and how to make new colours.
- Concepts of texture, colour, weight, shape, size, and characteristic
- Concepts of length, location, space and angles
- To group objects into categories
- To observe likeness and differences
- Concepts of colour, size and shape
- Numerical concepts of more than and less than
- Concepts of groups or sets
- To create and repeat patterns
- Problem solving
- Classify, count, balance, sequence
- Helps to strengthen little fingers, hands and wrists.
- Foster your child’s imagination.
- Children develop self esteem
- Plan, create and mould.
- Make believe and imagination
- Listen, concentrate and remember
- Awareness and concepts of print
- Reading for enjoyment
- Comfortable and relaxing experience.
- Creative expression
- Cutting skills
- Fine motor skills
- Communicate ideas
- Rhythm and rhyme
- Enjoyment and movement/actions.
- We listen when the teacher or someone else is talking.
- When we hear the bell we stop, look and listen.
- At mat time we keep our hands to ourselves and sit on the mat
- We walk inside.
- We use our inside voices when inside.
- We are kind and use our manners.
- We help to pack away.
- Praise and stickers will be used as a reward.